Akselos is the creator of the world’s most advanced engineering simulation technology – the Digital Guardian. Founded in 2012 and with operations in Europe, the USA, and South East Asia, the company’s products are designed specifically to help protect the world’s critical infrastructure with real-time, condition-based monitoring for large critical assets. Awarded as 2020 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, Akselos is an MIT spin-out that was born in response to two societal challenges: the climate change driven transition to a low carbon economy, and the multi-trillion dollar infrastructure investment shortfall hampering economic growth and putting societies at extreme risk.
We’re working towards speeding up the megascale deployment of offshore wind by lowering the cost of energy, and making infrastructure more resilient, with condition-based monitoring and predictive maintenance at the center of our efforts.
We’ve taken the technology ubiquitously used in design, and applied breakthrough mathematics to make it powerful enough to also be used in operations.
The result is our flagship product, the Digital Guardian, which monitors the structural condition of critical infrastructure in real time, by combining next generation simulation software with sensors and data analytics. This offers asset owners/operators a window into the future, and the ability to have eyes on their assets 24/7.
The Backend Engineer's role is to help us enhance our server infrastructure. Our cloud-based HPC platform allows all types of engineers to configure models, perform large-scale engineering simulations, and visualize/post-process results. The Backend Engineer may help deploy and maintain our server infrastructure, and may add new features in areas such as user authentication, diagnostics, and cloud scaling.
The position should be located remotely or ideally nearby Akselos offices: in the US Boston (MA), Houston (TX) or Lausanne (Switzerland)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
○ Develop the server backend, adding new features to meet business requirements.
○ Create new logging, diagnostic, monitoring, and notification tools to help ensure reliable operation of the cloud service and adherence to any SLAs.
○ Make architectural changes as necessary to smoothly scale cloud resource usage according to customer demand.
○ Migrate backend services to use cloud services provided by the hosting cloud platform
○ Profile backend services and make necessary performance improvements.
○ Diagnose server failures
○ Ensure services are operating as designed
○ Avoid server downtime due to resource exhaustion
○ Provision new server instances as required by customer demand
○ Automate deployment of new server instances
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
OTHER SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter through our website:
Your application was submitted successfully.