Akselos is seeking an experienced Front End Software Engineer with outstanding technical software development skills with extensive experience in development of both web and rich client software in Python-based applications. The individual will have a track record of working within agreed methods and frameworks for software development.
The Software Engineer to help us enhance our desktop 3D frontend, web frontend, and cloud-based infrastructure with a particular focus on developing new features that are relevant to the offshore wind industry. These tools allow our users to design models, connect to our cloud-based engineering simulation engine, and visualize/post-process results. He/She should help with the various front-ends that we develop (Akselos Modeler, Akselos Dashboard).
The software Engineer should improve our ability to support customer requests and add new front-end features. These are very high-impact for our customers and sales because front-end features are user- facing.
You will need to be extremely comfortable communicating with engineers in a very technical landscape. The Engineer reports to the Chief Architect with also a line to the Technology Development team from HCM City, Vietnam.
The position should be located remotely or ideally nearby Akselos offices: in the US Boston (MA), Houston (TX) or Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Use Python (and Qt, QML, OpenGL, numpy) to implement new features and maintain existing features for the desktop frontend.
- Use Typescript (and React) to implement new features and maintain existing features for the web frontend.
- Create prototypes for new ideas and features
- Work collaboratively with the engineering teams to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions, user interface designs as well as implementation of new software features.
- Help develop a clear and robust desktop API which is a basis for a scripting interface, an automated end-to-end test suite, and allowing development of 3rd-party plugins.
- Ensure the reliability of desktop application via framework of testing layers (unit-test, integration test, end-to-end test). Add and update tests as the application scales up.
- Provide immediate support and assistance to the users that encountered bugs / errors from the Dashboard.
- Build a test suite to detect bugs, errors for the Dashboard to ensure it's in good shape at all times, including the UI/UX requirement.
Professional experience and Technical skills requirements:
- 2 years minimum overall application programming experience
- Previous work experience as a Python Developer
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering or related discipline
- Hands on experience with Python user interface frameworks
- Up-to-date with the latest UI/UX techniques and technologies
- Used to working in an International context with good written and spoken English
- Experience in UI development, preferably in CAE/CAD/3D graphics applications
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques